Avon Terrace Guest House is a 1900's historical building in the heart of town. Featuring original pressed tin and tall ceilings in all rooms.
Originally built as a Merchant House it has, over its lifetime, housed many different and varied businesses, including the local Ambulance depot from the 1950s until the late 1970s, and to this date the building still has the original Ambulance glass doors. It has also been a toy train museum, a book cafe and a restaurant. It was renovated in 2008 and operated as a Bed and Breakfast and Cafe catering to the motor bike community of WA until 2013 when it was closed.
New owners Stephen and Paula bought the building in July, 2021 and reopened the accommodation offering two spacious rooms with outside balconies, overlooking Peace Park and surrounding heritage buildings.